Tuesday 19 March 2013

CUB BEAUTY INTERVIEWS LAURENELLA:



Cub Fashion & Beauty Editor Sarah-Rose Harrison interviews upcoming beauty blogger and vlogger Lauren from Laurenella.


1. What initially inspired you start your YouTube channel?
I was inspired to start YouTubing after getting into watching others for a while-like essiebutton, meganisobel and dizzybrunette3.

2. What is the best thing about being a YouTube Beauty Guru?
I think the best thing about being on YouTube is that it seems to reach a wider audience than just blogging, and its nice to chat away!

3. The worst thing about being a YouTube Beauty Guru?
The worst thing about YouTube has to be the nasty comments-luckily I haven't had any so far but the bigger YouTubers get SO MANY.

4. What’s the best opportunity you've been given through YouTube?
Since I started blogging I've been lucky enough to get invited to a number of seriously cool events/parties, doing things I wouldn't get to do otherwise-like touring the London Dungeons after closing!

5. How much work is it to maintain a YouTube channel/blog behind the scenes? 
It does take quite a lot of time and effort to blog and YouTube, sometimes uni work gets on top of me and I don't get the chance to do it for a while, but I always feel really guilty for neglecting it.

6. What do you envision the future of YouTube and blogging to be?
I think a lot more people who blog are going to turn to YouTube as well, and brands are going to jump on board with it too. I'm sure in a years time my subscriptions box is going to be overflowing!

7. What’s the best advice to give to someone wanting to start out in a market that is already so saturated?
I think you have to realise that you're not necessarily going to be the next Tanya Burr. Just do what you want to do and have fun with it

8. What’s your desert island Beauty product?
My desert island beauty product has got to be my NARS Orgasm blusher. It's my all time favourite and stops me looking like a zombie.

9. What is your biggest Beauty pet hate?
My biggest beauty pet hate is definitely false lashes so big they look like they're weighing your eyes down-particularly if you're only wearing them to pop down to the shops for a pint of milk!

10.What was your first ever Beauty purchase?
My first ever Beauty purchase that I remember was a black eyeliner-I think by Rimmel, and I used to use it SO heavily that I looked like a raccoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment